Give for Good
I was raised to believe philanthropy doesn’t have to be millions of dollars given by foundations — it’s just the mindset that we all belong to each other and should help however we can. To that end, a portion of every freelance project goes to support Sesame Workshop and other inspiring causes.
Value the Village
If you’re a fellow graphic designer, especially if you’re just starting out, please feel free to reach out with questions. You’ll also find helpful links and some outstanding books on my Resources page. I was blessed with an incredible “village” around me when I got started and would be happy to pay it forward.
Protect the Planet
I do everything I can to run my business in an environmentally respectful way. This includes:
- 100% renewable energy for my studio
- Digital invoices to minimize paper usage
- Public transit and/or virtual meetings (whenever possible) to minimize miles driven
I can also help you find creative ways to lessen the eco-impact of your project. For example:
- Intentionally designing a flyer so it can be printed professionally or in-house means you don’t have to order as many extras from the print shop.
- If the only thing you need to change on last year’s poster is the date, would a custom matching date sticker work instead of reprinting the whole poster?
There are lots of creative workarounds to help your budget and your carbon footprint at the same time. If you want to brainstorm, let’s chat!